Our residents are in different group homes.
There are five group homes that can accommodate 10-15 residents per group home. There are also seven small flats. Each group home has its own house mother, (some a house father) who is responsible for the caring of residents.
FUNCTIONING OF GROUP HOMES
- Care is given using visual communication and Sign Language through the group home concept, with empathy and skillful stay-in house parents.
- Residential care facilities meet the necessary standards and requirements for persons with disabilities.
- Residential care is given in a cost-effective manner, with healthy management principals as an integral part of NID Adult Care.
- Active participation of residents in the therapeutic community
The model of a therapeutic community, with a Christian character, with norms and values where residents are actively part of decision-making, are followed.
- a positive appreciation and promotion of human dignity,
- interaction with the community,
- a holistic bio-psycho social approach,
- appropriate evaluation-, care, therapeutic- and training-/ development programme with the focus on maximum independent functioning