TRAINING AT NID
NID Training draws on the 135 years history and experience of the National Institute for the Deaf regarding services to the Deaf and persons with different degrees with hearing loss.
NID Training is the only Private College in Africa that provides for the specific needs of students of Deaf and persons with different degrees of hearing loss.
Since its inception in 2001 as Deaf College South Africa (DCSA), NID Training strives to provide quality occupational and skills training aimed at the specific needs of our students.
We are renowned for our suite of training programmes directed at gainful employment that will enable our students to become self-supporting citizens.
DEMOGRAPHY OF OUR CAMPUSES:
NID Training strives to empower students to:
- Identify and solve problems in which responses demonstrate that responsible decisions using critical and creative thinking have been made.
- Work effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organisation, community.
- Organise and manage oneself and one’s activities responsibly and effectively.
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information.
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation.
- Use science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health of others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation.